..:: life's a B e A c H ! step lightly into the realm of the unknown. ::..
Quezon - my paradise...ehem...thanks glenny for this pic.
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!
Jen, Marlette and I are self-confessed HP addicts. As early as March, we already have HP6 reserved in Powerbooks. And in preparation for its release, Jen and I read Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix all over again in search for little tidbits of information that might give us clues about what Half Blood Prince will be about.
We are HP geeks because we can spend hours and hours dissecting the books (and Marlette can quote the EXACT sentence as it was written there, i swear!). We are geeks because we would prefer to stay up at 3AM talking about HP instead of sleeping off a long, tiring day. and we WILL be the three HP geeks who will be in Greenbelt, specifically Coffee Bean's comfy couches come July 16, each reading Half Blood Prince with cups of untouched frappes in front of us. hehehe. yes, we've already set our HP Date. And because both Marlette and Jen have their books reserved in Powerbooks G3, I will be traveling from Powerbooks ATC to Greenbelt just to read it with them. hahaha.
I was a bit disappointed though that our company decided to offer reservations (with a 28% discount on the retail price) about two months too late. siiggghhh...i would have gotten it for the same price i got Goblet of Fire sana...and that's only P1,150.
Here are random facts about the Half Blood Prince (taken from http://www.mugglenet.com/index.shtml):
* We will learn a lot more about Voldemort in this book.
* The opening chapter of Book 6 was originally planned for the early parts of Book 1 (Perhaps we get a more in-depth story of what happened the night Harry's parents died.)
* We will find out what happened to Hagrid's half brother Grawp. He will be a bit more controllable in Book 6.
* We will find out exactly why Sirius was killed.
* Harry becomes even more powerful in Book 6.
* We will find out why Dumbledore trusts Snape.
* We will find out what happened to Wormtail aka Peter Pettigrew.
* More about the animosity between Snape and Sirius will be revealed.
* We'll definitely find out what Snape's worst fear is, and it'll be important.
* We will find out what exactly Dudley saw when he looked at the dementors.
* The reason Voldemort and Harry both didn't die when Voldemort tried to kill Harry will be revealed.
* We will see more of Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy, now that Lucius is busy.
* We'll learn more about Harry's scar.
* Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance again, as will Tonks.
* More about Voldemort's birth will be revealed, thus helping us understand why he is so evil.
* Muggles begin to notice "more and more odd" occurrences.
* The wizarding world is really at war.
* Harry will tell his dearest friends about the prophesy after it sinks in to him.
* We will learn more about Harry's relatives, including his grandparents.
* We will find out what happened to Sirius's motorbike.
* It's very important in the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms.
* Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter.
what could it be?! what could it be???
i am positively tingling with excitement right now. hihihi.
July 16 = Red Letter Day
the things i did differently in boracay this time around...
mar 31 - apr 4
the gang: richard, chix, don, den, me, jeff
1. i slept earlier and woke up earlier
yes, 12NN never found me still snoozing in our cold room and soft bed. and 3AM never found me still gallivanting and drinking myself to near-delusion.
2. i only got drunk 1 out of 4 nights
no, i wasn't intending to be drunk as can be proven by my NOT ordering Bangenge at Pier 1. after my traitorous experience with the tequila sunrise in club paraw on our first night, it was just a bottle of vodka ice for me.
3. island hopping!
a must for first timers. i wasn't able to go island hopping the last time so i made sure i'll get to do it this time. a little note though, start very early in the morning so you'll get to enjoy the sceneries without getting heatstroke, and, make sure the boat has a roof of some sort so you won't get toasted beyond imagination (yes, that's me. and am naturally morena to begin with!)
while waiting for the boat that would take us to crystal cove and puka beach
cystal cove shots and the batugan dogee. unfortunately, we weren't able to explore Cave 2 because the tide was high.
my little boys (who grew up too fast) strutting their stuff at the puka beach
4. jonah's shake
you have got to try this! the best shakes in the island for only about 65-75 bucks! Jonah's is located at Station 1 right beside Pier 1.
on our last day, we woke up at 7AM and i had my first EVER legitimate breakfast in Boracay. yay!!!
6. eat-all-you-can seafood
though crabs and lobsters weren't included, we were happy with the P295++ buffet at the Boracay Peninsula. they had comfy setting too! low tables and mattress on the sand draped with white cloth.
we own this place. yes we do. haha.
7. glitter tattoo
prettier than henna, which i think i can also do, if only i knew what kind of paste they use. hehe.
8. cheap meals!
though we sometimes indulged in pricey dinner and breakfast, we're also regulars at Smoke. we also tried Blueberry and Mickay...these heaven-sent restos tucked in the palengke near D'mall. they offer meals for less than a hundred bucks.
9. walk, walk, walk and walk some more.
and i thought i've already seen every nook and cranny of the island the last time i was there. it took us 4 whole hours just to shop for pasalubongs. that's not to mention our everyday afternoon strolls and midnight walks in search for hotties and sexy bodies. haha.
10. sunsets, sunsets and more sunsets. we can never get enough of it!
the problem is...
i still somehow expect to get this view each time i go outside the house or look outside my bedroom window. and i get incredibly sad each time, when i realize that indeed, i am back in noisy, polluted, chaotic manila. :(
oh, and iyah, did i say it's easier to accept this time that am back?
i was wrong. take me back to boracay please...