..:: life's a B e A c H ! step lightly into the realm of the unknown. ::..
Quezon - my paradise...ehem...thanks glenny for this pic.
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!
Jen, Marlette and I are self-confessed HP addicts. As early as March, we already have HP6 reserved in Powerbooks. And in preparation for its release, Jen and I read Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix all over again in search for little tidbits of information that might give us clues about what Half Blood Prince will be about.
We are HP geeks because we can spend hours and hours dissecting the books (and Marlette can quote the EXACT sentence as it was written there, i swear!). We are geeks because we would prefer to stay up at 3AM talking about HP instead of sleeping off a long, tiring day. and we WILL be the three HP geeks who will be in Greenbelt, specifically Coffee Bean's comfy couches come July 16, each reading Half Blood Prince with cups of untouched frappes in front of us. hehehe. yes, we've already set our HP Date. And because both Marlette and Jen have their books reserved in Powerbooks G3, I will be traveling from Powerbooks ATC to Greenbelt just to read it with them. hahaha.
I was a bit disappointed though that our company decided to offer reservations (with a 28% discount on the retail price) about two months too late. siiggghhh...i would have gotten it for the same price i got Goblet of Fire sana...and that's only P1,150.
Here are random facts about the Half Blood Prince (taken from http://www.mugglenet.com/index.shtml):
* We will learn a lot more about Voldemort in this book.
* The opening chapter of Book 6 was originally planned for the early parts of Book 1 (Perhaps we get a more in-depth story of what happened the night Harry's parents died.)
* We will find out what happened to Hagrid's half brother Grawp. He will be a bit more controllable in Book 6.
* We will find out exactly why Sirius was killed.
* Harry becomes even more powerful in Book 6.
* We will find out why Dumbledore trusts Snape.
* We will find out what happened to Wormtail aka Peter Pettigrew.
* More about the animosity between Snape and Sirius will be revealed.
* We'll definitely find out what Snape's worst fear is, and it'll be important.
* We will find out what exactly Dudley saw when he looked at the dementors.
* The reason Voldemort and Harry both didn't die when Voldemort tried to kill Harry will be revealed.
* We will see more of Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy, now that Lucius is busy.
* We'll learn more about Harry's scar.
* Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance again, as will Tonks.
* More about Voldemort's birth will be revealed, thus helping us understand why he is so evil.
* Muggles begin to notice "more and more odd" occurrences.
* The wizarding world is really at war.
* Harry will tell his dearest friends about the prophesy after it sinks in to him.
* We will learn more about Harry's relatives, including his grandparents.
* We will find out what happened to Sirius's motorbike.
* It's very important in the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms.
* Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter.
what could it be?! what could it be???
i am positively tingling with excitement right now. hihihi.
July 16 = Red Letter Day